Endodontists are dental specialists who perform root canal procedures. Root canals are the most common dental procedure, and the endodontic specialist is the only dentist who can achieve them. Endodontists specialize in four years of additional postgraduate training after dental school. They have a very high level of expertise in performing root canals, so they are often referred to as “root canal specialists.”
Why Do I Need an Endodontist?
If you are searching for an Endodontist in Vista, you may be wondering how to find the right one. To make it easier, here are reasons why you should get the best endodontic specialist near you:
- Infected tooth. Root canals are needed when a tooth becomes infected with bacteria, which can cause pain, swelling, and discoloration (or appear black). If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call us right away to help determine if you need a root canal.
- Chronic Toothaches. This may be due to an abscessed tooth or gum disease that needs to be treated before it spreads further into your jaw
How to Find an Endodontist
Endodontists also specialize in treating the pulp and root canals of teeth. If you have ever had a toothache, it can be a harrowing experience. It is important to know when to see an endodontist and find one in your area.
- Tooth decay or deep decay that has gone beyond the surface layer of the tooth (cavity)
- A cracked or broken tooth with a filling that has failed to protect the tooth from infection or further damage
- Severe gum disease that has led to the exposure of the root of a tooth and infection (infectious pulpitis)
How to Get the Best Endodontist
Here are a few tips to follow to find an endodontist in your area:
- The best way is to call your dentist and ask for their advice. They will be able to recommend someone close by, and they will also know if any other dentists in their practice also perform endodontic work. If not, they may refer you to another specialist who works nearby.
- You can ask friends or family members for recommendations.
- You may also want to check out online reviews at Yelp or Google+ Local sites. These sites allow users to post feedback about local businesses, including dentists’ offices.
- Consider using an online directory search tool if you are still having trouble finding an endodontist. This convenient tool lets you type in your ZIP code and see an endodontist near you.
What Should I Expect from My First Visit?
Your first appointment will last one hour to two hours, depending on how many teeth need treatment. Your dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination of your mouth and discuss all treatment options with you before starting any work. The dentist will also take photos of your teeth to show them to other doctors or specialists if needed.
Call Us Today
Contact North County Dental Care today if you’re experiencing tooth pain or discomfort. We’ll be happy to help you find an endodontist in Vista, CA who can provide expert care at an affordable price. Our office is located in Vista, California, and serves patients from all over the San Diego area. Send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 760-940-4266 and book an appointment today.