ORTHODONTICS IN VISTA, CA
The desire to have straight teeth is common. This can be achieved by an orthodontist in Vista, California from North County Dental Care, who can move the teeth to ideal positions. Orthodontics is one of many dental specialties and focuses on diagnosing and treating misalignments and irregularities in the teeth and jaw.
There are many advantages to having well-aligned teeth, including easy teeth and gums cleaning and a beautiful smile. The earlier orthodontic treatments begin, the quicker problems can be corrected. Our Vista, California orthodontist treats people of all ages.
Problems That Orthodontics Can Treat
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that can be used alone or with maxillofacial or cosmetic dentistry. Some common conditions an orthodontist can treat include:
• Anteroposterior deviations – Think overbite or underbites.
• Overcrowding – This occurs when there is insufficient space for the normal growth and development of adult teeth in a patient’s mouth.
• Aesthetic problems – This can include gapped or crowded teeth. Orthodontists can work to restructure or reshape the jaw, lips, or face.
An orthodontist will generally perform a visual examination, panoramic x-rays, and study models (bite impressions) to assess the origins of the dental problem. After a diagnosis is made, there are many orthodontic treatment options to choose from.
Common Orthodontic Treatments Available
- Fixed orthodontic braces – An orthodontist uses this treatment method to train the teeth to
get to their proper position by adjusting the wire over a period of time. When the desired
results are achieved, the dental braces are removed from the patient’s mouth.
- Removable appliances – There is a wide range of removable appliances used in
orthodontics including retainers that improve the position of the teeth, headgear that correct
overbites, and face masks that correct underbites.
- Clear Correct® – This is a removable and transparent dental aligner that doesn’t interfere
Schedule an Appointment With an Orthodontist in Vista, CA
To learn more about orthodontic treatments and to schedule an appointment with an experienced orthodontist in Vista, California, call North County Dental Care at (760) 940-4266.
We accept almost all PPO dental insurance plans and dental discount plans.
Our patients love us. See a few of their comments.
Come see what we are all about. Click here to make an appointment
Review our convenient payment options and the insurance plans we accept. No interest financing if paid in full within 24 month
Check out our current offers and specials!