Family dentistry is a specialty of dentistry that focuses on caring for patients of a wide range of ages. The term family dentistry can also be used to describe a dental office that cares for all family members, including children and adults. The American Dental Association (ADA) notes that family dentists often work in clinics or dental offices but may also be self-employed and see patients at their offices.
Family Dentistry vs General Dentistry: What Is the Difference?
A general dentist is trained to examine, diagnose, treat, and prevent oral disease in patients. In addition to taking care of teeth, they also provide services such as fillings, crowns, root canals, and tooth extractions. Family dentistry goes beyond these essential procedures and provides comprehensive oral health care for children and adults.
Some standard services provided by family dentists include:
- Regular checkups for children and adults
- Screenings for gum disease and oral cancer
- Fluoride treatments to prevent cavities
- Preventive services like dental sealants or fluoride varnish treatments to prevent cavities from developing in young children’s teeth.
- General dental care for adults, children, and infants
- Dental implants
- Root canal therapy
- Periodontal therapy (gum disease treatment)
- Oral surgery procedure
How to Find the Best Family Dentistry
There is a lot to think about regarding family dentistry in Vista. This is especially true if you are looking for a dentist to work with your entire family. The best dental care providers will offer services that appeal to all family members, including children and teens.
The following tips can help you find the right dentist for your family:
- Look for a dentist who offers specialized services for children.
- Look for a dentist who specializes in pediatric dentistry.
- Ask friends and relatives for recommendations of good dentists in your area that they have used in the past or who they currently use themselves.
- Check online reviews of dentists in your area, especially if they are rated by patients or other professionals in the field of dental care, such as hygienists or doctors who specialize in oral surgery or periodontal therapy (gum disease treatment).
- An excellent way to find family dentistry is to ask friends and family members for recommendations. You can also check online for reviews or ratings of local dentists.
- When choosing family dentistry, it is essential that you feel comfortable with them and their staff. You should be able to ask questions about their qualifications and experience without feeling embarrassed or uncomfortable.
Contact North County Dental Care
The best dental care for your family is close to home. At North County dental care and Orthodontics, we provide comprehensive and preventive dental services that are gentle enough for children and practical sufficient for adults. We take the time to get to know each family member, answer all of your questions before any treatment begins, and offer only the most conservative treatment options when necessary.
Reach Our experienced staff via mail at [email protected] or call us at 760-940-4266. We will help you choose the best treatment option for your situation based on our education, experience, and expertise. We also offer flexible payment options so that everyone can afford quality dental care without breaking their budget.