Cosmetic dentistry is the science of creating a beautiful smile. When you smile, If you do not like what you see, it might be time for a change. Cosmetic dentistry improves your smile and boosts your confidence. It involves various procedures, including teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, dental implants, and more. At North Country Dental Care and Orthodontics, we offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Some of the common dental procedures and services North County Dental Care performs include:
- Tooth whitening. Tooth whitening can lighten stained or discolored teeth. It is done by applying a bleaching solution to your teeth, which makes them lighter in color over time. This treatment procedure may be done at home or in the office by a professional.
- Porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are thin shells made from porcelain bonded to your natural tooth to enhance your smile. Veneers are often recommended if you have discolored or chipped teeth, gaps between your teeth, or crooked teeth. They are typically very durable, but they must be cared for properly not to become damaged over time.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are tooth root replacements that provide a secure anchor for replacement teeth and prevent bone deterioration around the area where your original tooth once was located.
- Removing tarnished filling. If you have old, silver-colored fillings in your mouth, they will probably need to be replaced with white ones before they discolor further. A cosmetic dentist will ensure this is done correctly, so you don’t experience any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Dental crown. The crowns are placed over an existing tooth or set of teeth to strengthen them or improve their appearance. A crown is made using an impression (mold) of the tooth or teeth, then using this mold to create a model that fits over the prepared tooth or teeth like a cap. Impression material is placed into this model to create a replica of the prepared tooth or teeth which then becomes another.
- Tooth bonding. Bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that can be done using composite resin (plastic) material to fill gaps between teeth. It involves placing a thin layer of composite resin over the damaged area to fix it. Bonding is used to correct minor chips or cracks in your teeth, so they look smooth again.
Contact North County Dental Care
At North Country Dental Care and orthodontics, we pride ourselves on providing the best possible care and service to our patients. We are a family-run practice with a friendly atmosphere and experienced dentists who will help you achieve a long-term smile that you can be proud of. Our office is located in Vista, California, and serves patients from all over the San Diego area.